Entertainment Journalism as a Career Option
Admissions Open for PGDMCJ 2021
When someone cites entertainment reporting, many people start relating it to movies and television. Aside from movies and television, entertainment journalists also cover art shows, stage shows, events, museums, and everything else that is related to recreation and entertainment.
What is Beat Reporting in Journalism?
After completing the journalism course from a mass communication and journalism institute, when a journalist chooses to delve deeper into a specific zone of journalism, then is it is called beat in journalism.
There are six different types of beats in journalism and we are going to share more details about entertainment beat reporting in journalism as a career option.
How to Become an Entertainment Reporter?
- After completing schooling, you need to take a degree or diploma course in mass communication and journalism from a renowned mass communication and journalism institute.
- During your studies, you will come across different types of beat reporting in journalism. In entertainment reporting, you will have television and print journalism options.
- There are multiple career options to explore in entertainment reporting. After finishing your mass communication and journalism course, you can take a specialization course to be pro in the field you are interested in.
What is the Career Scope of an Entertainment Beat Reporter?
- It is a billion dollar industry in all countries. In India, the entertainment industry is worth $25.56 billion.
- Along with television, films, drama, and art shows, OTT platforms like Zee5, Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, etc. are also making their mark in this billion dollar industry.
- All these statistics clearly indicate that there are ample opportunities in entertainment reporting.
- There are also many career options in entertainment beat reporting such as:
- Anchor who interviews celebrities or host the shows that talks about movies, television, etc.
- Scriptwriter who writes the script for the shows covering the entertainment industry.
- Writer or journalist who is responsible for the beat in journalism. The writers can choose to write for print media or glamour magazines.
- A photographer who take exclusive pictures of celebrities or entertainment events which can be candid, sensational, modelling, movie or casual snaps.
- And many more
Benefits of Joining Entertainment Reporting
- There would be hardly anyone who is not interested in some sort of art. Everyone likes movies, radio shows, art exhibitions, etc. Joining the entertainment industry means an opportunity to cover various events. This would be a fun job for anyone.
- Entertainment reporting includes meeting celebrities in one way or another, which is also impressive and fun work to do.
- Beat reporting gives the opportunity to attend movie screening, a museum’s inauguration, and similar events for free and sometimes with family.
- The packages of senior reporters are quite high in India and worldwide. According to a leading mass communication and journalism institute, a passionate reporter can secure the top position within no time.
26 Feb 2021
Post by : NIMCJ