How to Become a Medical Journalist
Admissions Open for PGDMCJ 2021
The world faced a pandemic in 2019, which is still in existence in the year 2021. Many countries are facing the second wave of the COVID 19. Along with the COVID 19, there are some more diseases -such as Mucormycosis, swine flu, etc. that are causing fatal effects on human. The pandemic put medical journalism at the focal point and evoked the interest of many students to study in the best journalism college in India to become a medical journalist.
In this blog, we will share all the details to help you understand all aspects of studying and pursuing a career as a medical journalist.
What is Medical Journalism?
- According to the best journalism college in India, it is part of journalism.
- A specific segment of journalism exclusively writes about healthcare, health issues, disease, black marketing in the medical industry, etc. This segment of journalism is medical journalism.
- Similar to other segments of journalism, medical journalism also includes story coverage fact check, writing, editing, publishing, broadcasting, etc.
Who can Become a Medical Journalist?
- If you have already completed one of the major journalism courses in Ahmedabad or any other city from a reputed college, you can choose the medical journalism field.
- The people who have completed their journalism course from the best journalism college in India can take a specialization course to become a medical journalist.
- If you have not completed any journalism course, then after 10th or 12th, first you need to take a mass communication and journalism course. After completion of that course, you can take a specialization course in medical journalism.
Education Required for Becoming a Medical Journalist
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication and journalism is necessary to become a medical journalist.
- Completion of medical journalism courses in Ahmedabad as a specialized course can be an added advantage.
Career Opportunities in Medical Journalism
- Similar to all other categories of journalism, medical journalism also has many golden opportunities for passionate journalists.
- Moreover, many different parts of the world are dealing with the spread of different diseases.
- Criminals have also paved their way to the medical and healthcare industry.
- There are many facts to check and many stories to cover for a medical journalist. This gives ample career opportunities.
- A journalist who completed his medical journalism course from the best journalism college in India can also take a job in any foreign country or go for further studies to complete the specialization.
Job Opportunities in Medical Journalism
In the medical journalism field, there are multiple job roles you can choose from:
- Reporter or journalist
- News anchor
- And more
Pay Scale of Medical Journalists
After completion of your journalism courses in Ahmedabad, you need to join as an intern. The fresher medical journalists earn 1 to 2 lakhs per annum. The skilled medical journalists can earn up to 30 lakhs per annum.
20 May 2021
Post by : NIMCJ