Mobile Journalism: A Boon to Journalism Industry
Admissions Open for PGDMCJ 2021
A few decades back, if someone had to cover any news, a press team had to commute to that location and use heavy equipment to take the news coverage. Before broadcasting the news, the editor had to edit the news with special tools. With the increasing use and features of smartphones, journalism has become less bothersome. This has introduced mobile journalism, popularly known as MoJo.
What is MoJo?
- According to the best journalism college in India, nowadays, journalists can cover any news on the spot with their smartphone features and this type of journalism is called mobile journalism, i.e., MoJo.
- The journalists do not need to wait for their cameraman to reach and give them a Mic to cover the whole story.
- Unlike the traditional ways, nowadays journalists can start taking pictures, making videos, streaming them on their YouTube channels, publishing the news story even before reaching the publishing house.
- As per a college offering journalism courses in Ahmedabad, this form of journalism has made the dissemination of news much faster and fancier.
What are the Major Advantages of MoJo?
Let’s take a look at the benefits of MoJo over traditional journalism shared by the best journalism college in India.
- It can disseminate news and make it viral within minutes.
- It is cheaper than traditional journalism.
- MoJo can cover events and news in distant places.
- The tools used are flexible and easy to use; no expert skills are required.
- It is safer in some incidents such as war coverage, sting operations, etc.
How to Become a Mobile Journalist?
Mobile journalism is fascinating and if you are thinking to become a mobile journalist, here are some important tips and details you need to follow.
- As shooting a video and taking a picture of the incident is easy, many people have been finding mobile journalism a piece of cake, but it is not.
- To become a successful mobile journalist, it is necessary to have a sense of news, story, writing, dissemination of the news, etc. according to the best journalism college in India.
- Right studies are necessary to become a successful Mobile Journalist.
- You can start with one of the diploma or degree journalism courses in Ahmedabad.
- This course will give you enough knowledge to join any media or publication house as an intern.
Here is the list of skills that you must have or need to cultivate to become a mobile journalist:
- Adventurous nature
- Passion for journalism
- Readiness to travel and work extra hours
- Confidence, passion, and fearless nature
- Investigative brain Smartphones usage expertise
A smartphone usually has many apps, but there is a list of mobile app shared by the best journalism college in India that helps the mobile journalist to work better:
- Open Camera
4. Extra tools
In mobile journalism, the journalist needs extra tools like:
- Extra batteries
- Power bank
- Standby phone
- Screen protector
- Camera stand
- And more
During journalism courses in Ahmedabad, you will learn the skills to use these tools in your favour and how to become a successful mobile journalist.
09 Jul 2021
Post by : NIMCJ