What Is Radio Production and Difference Between Radio and Podcasting
Admissions Open for PGDMCJ 2021
Radio is one of the major entertainment elements in India and worldwide. There are many people who choose to join a radio jockey course in Ahmedabad. It is good to become an RJ, but there are many career options available to people with a good voice or people interested in joining the radio. In this blog, we will share some important information, which will help you choose the right course and career.
What is Radio Production?
To decide whether you want to take one of the courses for radio jokey or any other option, you need to know how radio shows are made. The process of making a radio show is called radio production. It contains four important components:
- Sound effects and
- A person with wit and a good voice can definitely become a successful RJ, but this is not the only option. With the growing use of the internet, you can also choose to become a podcaster. Yes, the skills you learned in the radio jockey course in Ahmedabad can help you drive a successful career as an RJ or a podcaster.
Radio Jockey vs. Podcasting
There are many radio channels in India and you can attempt joining any of them, but as we all know the competition is fierce. Therefore, the best thing is, knowing how many balls are in your court. To help you understand the potential of both, here we share the difference between both:
1. Building Followers
- When you run a radio show, there will always be a fixed timeslot and you can build followers listening to your show. Here there can be a great limitation as only those people who are available at that time can listen to your show. Unlike this, podcasts are always available on the cloud. One can even listen to it offline whenever he or she wants.
- If a listener tunes in any other radio channel, he or she is more likely to lose the plot. This may make the show uninteresting to many, but podcasting usually gets listened with complete attention. Even if someone misses certain parts of the podcast, he or she can listen to the podcast again.
- In a nutshell, making a larger fan base with a podcast is easier than a radio show.
- 2. Masses or Targeted Audience
- Once you join a radio station after completing one of the best courses for radio jockey, you can get the opportunity to reach the masses. People even accidently tune in to a station and listen to the show. On the other hand, podcasts only appeal to some targeted audiences. This niche can be larger or smaller depending on various factors.
- It is likely to get more listeners from the beginning when you join a radio station compared to a podcast channel.
- 3. Job or Business
- Radio jockeys are doing a job, so they follow the rules, scripts, etc. directed to them by the Radio producer. However, podcasters are all in one. Podcasting is kind of a business, in which, podcaster adds his own creativity and enjoy relevant freedom.
19 Jan 2021
Post by : NIMCJ