Is Journalism a Good Career Option
Admissions Open for PGDMCJ 2021
Students often go confused when it is about making a choice for career development. There are numerous career options to pursue, but only some of them are appealing enough. A career in journalism in India is one of the most appealing options for students to pursue.
Scope of Journalism in India
Before we delve deeper into how to become a journalist in India, let us share the scope of journalism in India:
- There are two categories in journalism: Print media and electronic media.
- Print media includes newspapers, magazines, etc. and has its own audience.
- Electronic media includes television, the internet, and radio and has its massive audience.
- In each type of journalism, there are multiple options to choose from by aspiring journalists to make a career in journalism in India.
- Some of the popular jobs in the journalism industry in India are
- News anchor
- There are many other options, which assure a bright career as the scope of journalism in India is vivid.
Major Categories in Journalism:
- Post-graduation or Graduation in mass media and journalism
- Diploma in mass media and journalism
Where You Can Take The Job?
Once you are ready to make a career in journalism in India after completing your studies, you can take a job in any of the following work areas:
- Newswire (online websites)
- News agencies
- Press information bureau
- Legal affair department
- And more
Payscale for Journalists:
- In India, the package of a journalist starts around 2.33 lakh per annum.
- Depending on the skills and experience, it can reach up to 12 to 24 lakh per annum.
Why Should You Join the Journalism Industry in India?
- You can also make a career at an international level. If you want to go abroad or want to earn a handsome package by working for international companies, then it is possible. A career in journalism in India gives opportunities to work for international news agencies and publications.
- You will feel a strong sense of accomplishment every day because you will be achieving something new daily.
- You will have new challenges to face, which gives a perfect work area for people who want to do something new daily.
- You will have the opportunity to work with experts.
- You will get the benefits of getting some value-added perks such as passes for sports matches, award show and similar events, movie tickets, etc.
- You will have the opportunity to travel, which is again a perfect job for people with wanderlust.
There are many reasons to join the journalism industry in India and one of them is the shining scope of journalism in India.
20 Apr 2021
Post by : NIMCJ